IMPROVE OPERATING SUSTAINABILITY
Operating more sustainability is largely about reducing waste. Spraying Systems Co. offers more than a few strategies for waste reduction.
Operating more sustainably is largely about reducing waste:
- Water, energy and chemicals
- Scrap or process waste
- Extending service life of wear parts
Here are a few strategies for waste reduction:
TANK MIXING EDUCTORS
- Solution uniformity - temperature, pH, solids/gas dispersion and chemical distribution - helps ensure product/process quality
- Uniform composition and distribution of additives
- Eliminates temperature or composition stratification
- Eliminates or reduces sludge build-up and reduces tank cleaning time
- Enables the use of small pumps to mix large tanks
- Smaller pumps are less costly to purchase and less costly piping
- Smaller pumps are less costly to operate
- Simplifies operation and maintenance – no moving parts
- Eliminates the need for compressed or blower air and the resulting oil contamination and/or ventilation or emission problems
Eductor Sizing Tool
MINIMIZE HEAT EXCHANGER FOULING
- Injection of cleaning solvents can help prevent build-up on the tube sheet face
- Injection of glycol can help prevent freezing
Watch: CFD Model Illustrates Differences in Injector Design and Placement
A Guide to Optimizing Spray Injector Performance, Bulletin 579B (PDF)
MIXING EFFICIENCY: QUILLS VS INJECTORS
- Quills, which are pipes with slots or holes, deliver uninhibited fluid flow and relies on the receiving process stream to break up and mix the injected fluid
- Spray injectors equipped with nozzles, convert the fluid into a predictable drop size spectrum and provide specific spray characteristics. This minimizes use of the injection fluid, ensures better mixing and process results and prevents over-wetting, excessive maintenance and damage to downstream equipment
Optimizing Injector and Quill Performance, White Paper 109 (PDF)
FloMax®-S01 Steam Atomizing Retractable Injector, Bulletin 743A (PDF)
Optimizing Injector and Quill Performance
Discover how to optimize quill and injector performance in refinery operations.
A Guide to Optimizing Spray Injector Performance
Optimize performance with injectors built for your exact process conditions.
A new and better option for torch oil, slurry backflush, quench and other similar injection operations.
High-efficiency steam nozzles optimize gas cooling & eliminate the need for compressed air.
CFD Studies on Effects of Counter Current Spraying
Watch a computational fluid dynamics (CFD) study showing the effects of hollow cone nozzles in a process stream.
CFD Animation of the Effects of Nozzle Placement in Gas Stream
Watch how computational fluid dynamics (CFD) shows how nozzle placement can improve evaporation rates of injection fluids in a refinery application.