IMPROVE OPERATING SUSTAINABILITY
Operating more sustainability is largely about reducing waste. Spraying Systems Co. offers more than a few strategies for waste reduction.
Operating more sustainably is largely about reducing waste:
- Water, energy and chemicals
- Scrap or process waste
- Extending service life of wear parts
Here are a few strategies for waste reduction:
TANK MIXING EDUCTORS
- Solution uniformity - temperature, pH, solids/gas dispersion and chemical distribution - helps ensure product/process quality
- Uniform composition and distribution of additives
- Eliminates temperature or composition stratification
- Eliminates or reduces sludge build-up and reduces tank cleaning time
- Enables the use of small pumps to mix large tanks
- Smaller pumps are less costly to purchase and less costly piping
- Smaller pumps are less costly to operate
- Simplifies operation and maintenance – no moving parts
- Eliminates the need for compressed or blower air and the resulting oil contamination and/or ventilation or emission problems
Eductor Sizing Tool
MINIMIZE HEAT EXCHANGER FOULING
- Injection of cleaning solvents can help prevent build-up on the tube sheet face
- Injection of glycol can help prevent freezing
Watch: CFD Model Illustrates Differences in Injector Design and Placement
A Guide to Optimizing Spray Injector Performance, Bulletin 579B (PDF)
MIXING EFFICIENCY: QUILLS VS INJECTORS
- Quills, which are pipes with slots or holes, deliver uninhibited fluid flow and relies on the receiving process stream to break up and mix the injected fluid
- Spray injectors equipped with nozzles, convert the fluid into a predictable drop size spectrum and provide specific spray characteristics. This minimizes use of the injection fluid, ensures better mixing and process results and prevents over-wetting, excessive maintenance and damage to downstream equipment
Optimizing Injector and Quill Performance, White Paper 109 (PDF)
FloMax®-S01 Steam Atomizing Retractable Injector, Bulletin 743A (PDF)
Optimizing Injector and Quill Performance
Discover how to optimize quill and injector performance in refinery operations.
A Guide to Optimizing Spray Injector Performance
Optimize performance with injectors built for your exact process conditions.
A new and better option for torch oil, slurry backflush, quench and other similar injection operations.
High-efficiency steam nozzles optimize gas cooling & eliminate the need for compressed air.
CFD Studies on Effects of Counter Current Spraying
Watch a computational fluid dynamics (CFD) study showing the effects of hollow cone nozzles in a process stream.