For continuous casting cooling with larger drops, hydraulic nozzles from Spraying Systems Co. deliver.
Continuous Casting Cooling with Hydraulic Nozzles
Our FullJet® full cone hydraulic nozzles are designed especially for demanding conditions in steel mills.
- Nozzles ensure more uniform distribution across the entire spray pattern than other full cone nozzles.
- Spray angle is unaffected by changes in operating pressure, allowing for wider variations in casting speeds.
HHX FullJet® Nozzles
HHX FullJet nozzles are ideal for use in continuous casting machines for billet products.
- Superior spray distribution compared to conventional full cone nozzles.
- Full range of spray angles and capacities – change cooling parameters without the need to move manifolds.
- Staked vane stays in place, withstanding high heat and vibration to ensure a consistent spray pattern.
- Socket design provides for easy installation and maintenance with standard tools.
- Low-profile design allows nozzles to sit close on the header, to prevent debris from collecting or falling on the nozzle.
Rectangular FullJet Nozzles
- 25381 spray tips produce a thick, rectangular, uniform spray pattern and feature a smaller orifice to minimize fluttering and maximize cooling efficiency. They’re widely used in upper section cooling in slab, billet and bloom casting.
- D41539 rectangular spray tips are ideal for cooling billets and blooms.
Two spray tip options are available to meet your needs.
Solutions for Continuous Casting
See our hydraulic cooling technology for continuous casting.
Technical Brief: Optimizing Secondary Cooling
Learn more about how HHX FullJet nozzles can optimize secondary cooling.