Gas Cooling and Conditioning
Poor control of gas temperature, volume and / or humidity often results in excessive emission levels, downtime due to ESP overload, reduced efficiency of damage to downstream equipment, wetting and sludge build-up, and increased energy costs. Depend on Spraying Systems Co. for the process expertise you need to avoid these problems. We’ve got the resources needed to simulate your operating conditions, along with a broad product range and proven track record of success.
Refining & Petrochemical Processing
- Water wash
- Steam quenching
- Off-gas cooling
- SO2 removal
- Increasing thermal oxidizer production with new spray injectors
- Improving refinery safety & reducing downtime with new cooling quills
- Cooling the hydrocracker reactor prior to replacing the catalyst in petroleum refineries
- Cooling prior to baghouse
- Induct cooling
- NOx control
- SO2 removal
- Dry and semi-dry scrubbing
- Thermal oxidizer
- Slurry injection at a Waste-to-Energy plant
- Eliminating unscheduled downtime in a steel mill
- Spraying quenching oil into a gas stream in an ethylene plant
Precision Spray Injectors
See our full line of injectors for gas cooling.
FloMax® Air Atomizing Nozzles
Using our patented multi-stage atomization process, FloMax nozzles produce very small drops with exceptional efficiency — perfect for gas cooling and conditioning.
AutoJet® Gas Cooling System
Compact, automated system maintains precise control of gas temperature.
High Efficiency Steam Nozzles
FloMax-S nozzles eliminate the need for compressed air.
Optimize Spray Performance with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
Our CFD modeling ensures an optimized spray solution. Gas cooling / conditioning analyses help determine ideal lance and nozzle placement.
Maximum Free Passage FullJet® Nozzles
A unique design minimizes clogging and provides superior performance