SK Series SprayDry® Nozzles
SK Series SprayDry nozzles from Spraying Systems Co. feature a slotted core design and produce a hollow cone spray pattern with a uniform drop size distribution.
Small Particle Size and Fast Drying
SK Series SprayDry nozzles are ideal for box dryers, pilot dryers and co-current dryers, and for spray-drying infant formula and pharmaceuticals. Look to our experts to help you optimize your spray drying operations with these nozzles, featuring:
- Fast drying time. Nozzles produce low flow rates and small droplets.
- Compact design. The nozzles easily fit through 1.25" (32 mm) diameter openings.
- Narrow drop size distribution, which can be fine-tuned by adjusting the nozzle’s flow and pressure.
- Up to four orifices on a single nozzle body for increased production.
- Maximum Free Passage (MFP) to minimize clogging and increase production time.
- Anti-bearding design to reduce build-up on the nozzle face and eliminate contamination and hot spot concerns.
- Durable construction. Bodies and caps are stainless steel. Orifices and cores are either M-carbide (for greater wear resistance) or Y-carbide (for abrasive and high-pressure applications).
- Hand-tight version for simplified maintenance — no tools required.
- Flexible installation. Threaded and welded connections are available. Nozzles can be customized to fit any lance.
- Food-compliant versions to meet FDA and EU regulations.
Related Products & Resources
Multi-Orifice 3SK SprayDry® Nozzle
The 3SK SprayDry nozzle produces very small drops that evaporate more quickly than other nozzles
Choose from a wide range of styles, sizes and options to match your performance requirements
Performance data for all our SprayDry nozzles
Video: Assembly/Disassembly of SKH-MFP SprayDry® Nozzle
How SKH-MFP SprayDry® Nozzles Work
Watch a demonstration on how the SKH-MFP SprayDry nozzles work
Spray Drying Resources
Find all our resources regarding spray drying applications.