committed to environmental sustainability
MAKE EVERY DROP COUNT
Making small changes in your operations can have a big impact on your environmental footprint. That's why we're committed to working with customers to help reduce water, energy and chemical use; minimize waste and scrap; and improve worker and food safety.
Since our spray technology is used in hundreds of operations in thousands of plants, we have an opportunity to help improve operational efficiency and protect the environment.
Cleaning and sanitation/disinfection are top of mind since the COVID-19 pandemic. To make sure you’re cleaning as effectively and efficiently as possible, here are a few tips:
- Replace open hoses with spray guns. You’ll use less water while cleaning more thoroughly
- Inspect your spray nozzles. Replace clogged or missing nozzles to ensure cleaning performance. Check nozzle flow rates. Nozzles that are spraying over capacity due to wear are wasting water and chemicals
- Reduce worker exposure to toxic chemicals during cleaning and sanitation. Our PathoSans® On-Site Generation system produces a cleaner and sanitizer that are just as effective as conventional chemicals but are non-irritating to eyes and skin
LEARN MORE about how we can help you operate more sustainably.
SMALL CHANGES, BIG RESULTS: CUSTOMER RESULTS
- Food producer saved 500 million gallons of water by right-sizing nozzles
- Processor reduced energy use, saving $7 million, by reducing heating water required in cleaning operation
- Manufacturer reduced scrap by 15%, compressed air use by 20% and chemical use by 40%