Now that COVID-19 is making its way through Europe many companies are taking extra precautions. Many people are already working from home to prevent exposure to contamination. However, many people (ie production workers) are incapable to actually do their jobs from a distance and have to turn up at their workplace. To keep production running it is vital to prevent COVID-19 from spreading in the workplace.
What does the WHO say about preventing COVID-19 from spreading in the workplace?
The WHO has the following to say about how to prevent COVID-19 from spreading in the workplace:
Even if COVID-19 has not arrived in the communities where companies operate, employers should start doing the following things now. This way they can reduce working days lost due to illness and stop or slow the spread of COVID-19 if it arrives at one of your workplaces.
- Make sure your workplaces are clean and hygienic. Surfaces (e.g. desks and tables) and objects (e.g. telephones, keyboards) need to be wiped with disinfectant regularly, contamination on surfaces touched by employees and customers is one of the main ways that COVID-19 spreads
- Promote regular and thorough hand-washing by employees, contractors and customers washing kills the virus on your hands and prevents the spread of COVID19
- Promote good respiratory hygiene in the workplace. Good respiratory hygiene prevents the spread of COVID-19
- Advise employees and contractors to consult national travel advice before going on business trips
- Brief your employees to stay at home even a mild cough or low-grade fever (37.3 C or more)
How can Spraying Systems Co. help to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
For many years we have been investing heavily in the R&D of a sustainable cleaning and sanitizing solution that can replace toxic, traditional chemicals. The result is Klarion™ , a system that utilizes electro-chemical activation (ECA) technology to enable you to produce a powerful, safe and sustainable cleaning and sanitizing solution, on demand, in your facility.
The Klarion sanitizer, as produced by the on-site system, is a hypochlorous acid solution that is equally effective in eliminating:
The system also produces the Klarion cleaner, a sodium hydroxide based solution that is highly effective in breaking down:
Klarion can play a small but important part in following the WHO’s recommendations to prevent COVID-19 from spreading in the workplace. A full overview of the efficacy tests of Klarion against various viruses (including human coronavirus) can be provided on request.
Simple precautions and planning can make a big difference. Action now will help protect your employees and your business. So if you have any questions be sure to contact us.