Facilities that spray molten or spent sulfuric acid rely on spray technology from Spraying Systems Co. for effective, efficient processing. Our experts will help you select the right nozzles and guns for your industry and specific needs.
- The CBA SulfurJet™ gun features a steam jacket to maintain sulfur temperature, even when flow rate slows, ensuring minimal risk of plugging. Flow rates range up to 77 gpm (291 lpm).
- BA WhirlJet® hydraulic offset hollow cone nozzles produce small drops and feature open flow passages to resist clogging. Flow rates range up to 38 gpm (144 lpm).
- Air atomizing nozzles with SU89 spray set-ups produce smaller drops than hydraulic nozzles with flow rates up to 3.7 gpm (14 lpm).
- FloMax® two-fluid nozzles produce smaller droplets than conventional hydraulic nozzles, enhancing evaporation and combustion, and feature high turndown ratios. Available in many sizes and materials, FloMax nozzles can operate at up to 30 gpm (114 lpm).
- Hybrid sulfur guns are designed for quick changeover between BA WhirlJet nozzles and FloMax nozzles.
Sulfur Burning Products & Resources
Read more about the CBA SulfurJet gun designed for reduced plugging.
See how to convert the hybrid sulfur gun from hydraulic to air atomizing operation.
Learn how a sulfuric acid producer increased revenue with new spray injectors.
Learn about spray injectors within large capacity molten sulfur combustion.
Sulfur Nozzle Selector
Enter a few details about your application (liquid sulfur flow, number of nozzles and pressure drop) to determine the nozzle best suited for your operation.
Using computational fluid dynamics (CFD), we can determine the best gun placement in the furnace to minimize wall impingement, to achieve ideal drop size for complete vaporization and more.
Sulfur Burning Resources
Find all of our resources regarding spray technology for sulfur burning applications.